I moved away from one of the best cities in the world about 2 years ago. Luckily for me, the place I moved to isn’t bad either. Moving from Austin, TX to Colorado was a decision I will never regret. I love my current home but I can’t deny my love for Texas. I saw this logo on a T-shirt the other day. Thus, inspiring this post.
I had been a Texas girl all my life. I grew up eating Tex-Mex. I spent my summers on a lake and my school years cheering for football. Those years are fun to look back on. Sure, I don’t miss the heat, the traffic, and the country music but I know I can always call Texas home.
Below are my 8 reasons why I am still a true Texan at heart.
1. Every other night is taco night.
Corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and salsa are ALWAYS well stocked in my household. Tacos are also what’s for breakfast too!
2. Shiner is usually in our fridge.
I love Colorado beers but Shiner takes me home.
3. I still say y’all and will always say y’all.
“Y’all” is a contraction. It just makes sense!
4. I look up the weather for Magnolia (my hometown) and Austin every day.
It’s on my weather app and I’m just curious…
5. Bluebonnet season has no meaning here and that makes me sad.
6. I just want a Whataburger.
I took Whataburger for granted and now I can only dream of a patty melt and spicy ketchup or a honey butter chicken biscuit.. ohhhh…
7. I make the best Mexican food in Colorado.
I’m serious. I tried to eat at Mexican restaurants when we first moved here. We left many Mexican establishments if I didn’t like the first bite of chips and salsa.
8. Did I mention I graduated from the best university in the world?
The University of Texas was my home for four years. I will always be a Longhorn. Texas Fight!